2015 HSE Excellence Award
Morrison’s VP of HSEQ takes a look back at 2015 and shares goals and objectives for 2016, Recognizes 2 departments with HSE Excellence Award
“Goals were set high and it was not an easy task to achieve the exceptional 2015 HSE performance desired. I am extremely proud of every man and woman who worked diligently to achieve those goals.” – Bo Ristic, VP of HSEQ”
Morrison’s employees achieved most goals and objectives outlined in our annual HSE Improvement Plan. Goals were set high and it was not an easy task to achieve the exceptional HSE performance desired. The Riser Department and the Maintenance Department were recognized for their standout performance, receiving the 2015 HSE Excellence Award. This award is the highest honor of HSE Excellence and the only HSE Award we recognize within our HSE Management System. We congratulate both teams on their outstanding performance.
2015 was challenging year in oil and gas industry. Regardless, the employees within the six departments that make up Morrison achieved most goals and objectives outlined in our annual HSE Improvement Plan. Goals were set high and it was not an easy task to achieve the exceptional HSE performance desired. I am extremely proud of every man and woman who worked diligently to achieve those goals. They are truly amazing individuals.
In addition to overall improvements within our standard HSE programs and processes, Morrison placed extreme emphasis on qualifying the benefits of HSE performance. These qualifying benefits drive results and in the end results are everything.
There are a few lessons we learned from this change.
- Flexibility is not natural in advanced HSE management systems. People tend to stick with what they know and do on a daily basis. However, flexibility is necessary in order to adjust to workplace needs and customer satisfaction. Speed and ability to evaluate HSE needs, predict trends, optimize programs and processes and truly implement change in meaningful way is imperative for HSE performance and in the end bottom line.
- When a change in the HSE Management System becomes imminent always start with that change by answering the question, “WHY change is happening?”. It appears that when employees understand the WHY behind the change, the question of HOW to make a change for the better is easily answered.
Morrison’s Riser Division and Maintenance Department each received the highest honor of HSE Excellence for their 2015 HSE Performance.
The HSE Excellence Award is presented to the department at the end of calendar year by our HSEQ Executive Steering Team. It is the highest and only HSE Award we recognize within our HSE Management System.
To achieve this award, the department must achieve all goals and objectives outlined in Morrison Contractors’ annual departmental HSE Improvement Plan without management intervention. Department must demonstrate:
- Visible collective HSE Competency
- Visible collective HSE Leadership
- Visible collective HSE Commitment
- Visible collective HSE Culture of Excellence
We congratulate both teams on their outstanding performance in 2015.
2016 is uncharted territory for the service industry in the oil and gas sector. While market and external business conditions are outside of our control, we recognize there are opportunities to become better in everything we do within our organization. Our 2016 goals are as follows:
- Achieve HSE Performance as outlined in our HSE Improvement Plan
- Improve in efficiency and reliability which is driven by our Quality Management System
- Focus on the human element of business improvement through leadership, competency and professional skills development.
- Our objective is always to become a better service provider. The fundamental values and competitive edge of Morrison is in HSE performance. That is always followed with operational efficiency, reliability of service and exceptional customer satisfaction. Needless to say – profit always follow flawless operation.
Commitment to our values and disciplined execution are guarantees for a successful year.
John DeBlieux, VP of Deepwater Riser Services and Jody LeBoeuf, General Superintendent, accepted the HSE Excellence Award on behalf of the entire Riser team.
Bo Ristic, VP of HSEQ, and Belinda Verdun, HSEQ Coordinator, presented the Maintenance Department with the HSE Excellence Award.