Quality Can’t Wait: Morrison Completes ISO 9001:2015 Certification
June 2nd, 2017 by Chet Morrison Contractors
In order to continuously provide best-in-class products and services, Morrison strives to meet or exceed all industry regulations and requirements for safety and quality. To that end, our Fabrication and Deepwater Riser Services divisions have completed their ISO 9001:2015 certification process more than a year ahead of schedule.
The ISO 9001:2015 standard is based on a number of quality management principles, including a strong customer focus, the motivation and implication of top management, the process approach and continual improvement. It is designed to help businesses and organizations to be more efficient and improve customer satisfaction.
The new ISO 9001:2015 quality management standard is an update to the ISO 9001:2008 certification, and offers the following benefits over the previous version:
- Puts greater emphasis on leadership engagement
- Helps address organizational risks and opportunities in a structured manner
- Uses simplified language and a common structure and terms, which are particularly helpful to organizations using multiple management systems, such as those for the environment, health and safety or business continuity
- Addresses supply chain management more effectively
- Is more user-friendly for service and knowledge-based organizations
Although the deadline is not until September 2018, Morrison opted to pursue an updated 9001:2015 certification for both divisions early. Deepwater Riser Services received its official registration in May and Fabrication should receive its official certification in July of this year. This places us among the first to begin the audit and registration process for the new standard. At Morrison, we’re always striving to be at the forefront of our industry – and working to be both best-in-class and first-in-class for our customers.