- Project Location(s): Atchafalaya Bay
- Water Depth: 2' to 6' of water
- Preplanned job with client to determine constructability issues related to pipeline route
- Engineered solutions to provide safer, more cost efficient solutions
- Project team consisted of approximately 90 people including in-house dive teams
- Project duration was over 7 months, working 24/7 operations during winter months
- Division: Marine Construction
- Associated Services: Diving Services
- Equipment Used: CM-6 Spud Barge CM-9 Lay/Bury Barge Private: CM-11 Lay/Bury Barge CM-12 Jet Barge CM-14 Pipeline/Construction CM-16 Construction Barge M/V Sally Morrison M/V Susan Morrison
Lay and bury dual 12” pipelines and a 20” pipeline in 2’ to 6’ of water. The pipelines were installed in various pipeline sections with welded tie-ins installed along the pipeline routes. Burial of the lines were to 3’ of cover. The project involved a 20” on 30” hot tap. The subsea valve assembly installed allowed for two subsea tie-ins one 12” and one 20”. The 12” pipelines terminated at the main facility and offshore platform. The 20” pipeline terminated at the main facility and subsea tie-in.
This project was located in wildlife management area and was completed with no environmental impact.
Other unique aspects of project: