The basic function of the position is to ensure safe execution of operational requirements as directed by the Foreman and to issue work instructions to the rigging team according to project specifications.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Ensure all rigging is performed in a safe manner.
- Monitor the condition of ropes, cables, chains, straps, etc. during use for signs of wear.
- Maintain a professional working relationship with all personnel and customers.
- Train new riggers of responsibilities and working in a safe manner.
- Supervise rigging crews with making lifts with cranes or other equipment.
- Assist off-loading boats inshore and offshore.
- Assist with any and all Bolt-ups and Hydro testing.
- Assist Blaster/Painters when needed.
- Attach rigging to different loads and equipment.
- Perform hand signals when assisting or directing the crane operators.
- Knowledge of lift methods and types of tackle used for lifting.
- Ability to determine tackle used for lifts and its lifting capacity.
- Keep all work area clean at all times.
- Perform work in places 6’ and higher.
- Perform all tasks outside the job scope to benefit the company and the job.
a) Education and Training – High School diploma or equivalent.
b) Technical Requirements – Must be able to obtain a Rigger’s certification.
c) Experience – 3+ years of rigging experience.