Estimator – Inland Construction
SCOPE and PURPOSE
The basic function of the position is to accept assigned bid requests, understand work scopes and specifications, develop unit cost data, apply production data and determine the final projected costs on projects.
- Evaluates bid requests from customers.
- Determines cost projections for bids.
- Secure subcontractor prices, when appropriate.
- Secure material prices.
- Secure material take-offs.
- Complete bids, on time.
- Attend job shows.
- Obtain input for project from Operational Department Managers before completing project estimates.
- Accept assigned bids.
- Study and understand work scopes and specifications.
- Develop project task list.
- Price materials.
- Price subcontractor tasks.
- Develop estimates according to company formats.
- Input project data into computer templates.
- Prepare transmittal letters.
- Prepare completed job folder.
- List bid qualifications.
- Complete bid forms.
- Prepare data for Project Managers, including preliminary schedule, man-hours, weight, costs and sales.
- Represent the company in a professional and positive manner to clients
- Education and Training – Engineering Degree or drafting emphasis.
- Experience – 5+ years of direct experience in fabrication and/or inland construction in oil and gas industry.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and Access.
Position will be located in Houma, LA or Houston, TX