The purpose of the position is responsible for all operations and maintenance that has to do with any and all engineering equipment throughout the ship.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Must have leadership qualities and be capable of planning maintenance and repairs while vessel is operating.
- Must be capable and experienced in engine maintenance, repairs, tune-ups and overhauls.
- Must have experience with all machinery repairs and rebuilding such as cranes, winches, gearboxes, etc.
- Must know air systems, controls and maintenance of air compressors, pump repairs and maintenance of ballast systems, portable water systems, salt water systems and fuel systems.
- Must know electrical generator operation and maintenance, electric motor maintenance, trouble shooting and change out, A.C. lighting systems, general alarm systems, A.C. & D.C. engine and crane alarm systems.
- Must maintain and repair air conditioning and refrigeration system.
- Must maintain daily engine and preventative maintenance records, order parts and supplies to maintain equipment.