The basic function of the position will be responsible for purchasing quality goods and services for Morrison that meet client and project requirements. Responsibilities include sourcing, creating purchase orders, negotiating with suppliers, tracking orders, working with staff across departments to forecast business needs. This position has a lead role in vendor selection ,vendor approval, price negotiations, forecasting cost, and execution. Establishing and maintaining relationships with project management, vendors, sub-contractors, clients, strategic industry partners and Morrison business unit managers is paramount to the position.
- Strategic sourcing and procurement in support of project management and operations as required to meet client and project requirements.
- Repeatable and scalable procurement planning and execution that meets and/or exceeds Morrison and client expectations.
- Vendor vetting, selection, approval, contracts and pricing negotiations.
- Prepare detailed project procurement plans from project inception throughout completion.
- Direct interface with Project Management Team reviewing client contracts with specific emphasis on terms and conditions, contract details and deliverables.
- Support Project Management Team specific to risk management and mitigation involving subcontractors.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Prepare vendor bid packages, requests for quotes and other project specific procurement documentation.
- Responsible for sourcing, creating purchase orders, tracking orders, and purchase order maintenance.
- Analyze quotations, negotiate pricing, and delivery terms.
- Expedite open orders.
- Prepare subcontracts and charter agreements.
- Prepare detailed project procurement plan.
- Prepare commercial bid evaluations and recommendations.
- Identify opportunities and implement strategies to increase efficiencies and reduce operating cost.
- Identify facts that have an unfavorable impact, such as purchase price, variances, and lead times to make insightful buying decisions.
- Review and resolve purchase order and invoice discrepancies.
- Develop pre-emptive strategies to proactively handle project related client and vendor concerns or issues.
a) Education and Training – Bachelor’s degree in Business Management and accreditations in supply chain management (i.e. CSCP, CPSM) preferred
- Minimum of 5 years of buying experience specifically geared towards offshore and inland construction, pipe lay and the upstream and downstream oil and gas industry.