Business Development – Onshore Construction
The primary function of this position is to develop long-term sustainable business opportunities in current and new “targeted” markets by utilizing the company’s business development strategies, marketing communication strategies, public relations, monitoring market activities and involvement in industry associations. This position should also maintain active, productive relationships with clients, strategic industry partners and MORRISON business unit vice presidents and managers.
• Possess, develop and maintain well-established business contacts, insight and knowledge of the midstream and downstream oil and gas companies.
• Conduct market research including monitoring of competitor activities, current and future business development opportunities, current and future client activities and other strategies as required to identify future projects that meet the company’s core competencies.
• Analyze and develop those business growth opportunities that are consistent with the company’s strategic business development plans.
• Develop business growth opportunities that ensure long-term growth and sustainability for the various business units of MORRISON.
• Assist in planning and executing short and long-term sales and marketing strategies.
• Work with the Company’s Marketing Team and BU Leader to execute identified long-term sustainable business growth opportunities.
• Build constructive working relationships with business unit vice presidents and managers, clients and strategic industry partners.
• Participating and attending industry events to ensure MORRISON has adequate market representation.
EDUCATION: Bachelor’s degree in engineering and/or business-related fields (strong preference to a graduate engineer with extensive business background training).
EXPERIENCE: Minimum 10 years of professional experience in the midstream oil and gas and chemical industry and downstream markets including, business development and sales experience.
• Excellent communication skills both verbal and written.
• Strong creative, strategic, analytical and organizational skills.
• Leadership skills required to take the lead on various projects and business development opportunities.
• Must possess strong industry of target markets.
• Experience utilizing CRM database software.
• Self-motivated and goal-oriented