SCOPE and PURPOSE
The basic function of this position is to repair and conduct maintenance on the Risers.
- Assist off-loading boats inshore and offshore.
- Inspect Riser.
- Disassemble Riser.
- Visibly inspect and report any broken or worn Riser components.
- Re-assemble Riser
- Attach rigging to different loads and equipment.
- Perform hand signals when assisting or directing the crane operators.
- Knowledge of lift methods and types of tackle used for lifting.
- Assist with transport of Riser to designated location (yard storage, load out for shipment to offshore work location/rig.
- Keep all work areas clean at all times.
- Perform work in places 6’ and higher.
Education and Training – High School diploma or equivalent
Technical Experience – Must be able to obtain a Rigger’s certification
Experience – 1+ years rigging experience
About Deepwater Riser Services:
In 2008, Chet Morrison Contractors, LLC (Morrison) expanded its service lines to include riser repair and storage services. Since then, Deepwater Riser Services has grown to become a premier provider of riser services for major companies including Cameron, Seadrill, TransOcean and Valaris.
Deepwater Riser Services provides comprehensive inspection, transportation, maintenance, repair, and storage services for marine drilling risers and equipment and has plans to expand its service capabilities even further. Visit our website at www.RiserServices.com.