The Project Engineer/ Project Coordinator (Position) primary function is to provide Morrison project team with technical and management support for projects in the Gulf of Mexico. The Position will work with project teams that have pipeline installation, pipeline recovery and diving operations type projects.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Capable of writing pipeline installation (S-Lay), pipeline recovery and diving operation plans and procedures.
- Collaborate with Engineering and Fabrication disciplines to ensure management of cross-function interfaces.
- Must be capable of traveling offshore by helicopter or boat to make site visits to platforms, other vessels and structures. Must be capable of transferring by swing rope. **Must be willing to spend time offshore.
- Assist in oversight and coordination to ensure schedule and compliance with project specifications, scope of work and subcontract terms and conditions.
- Liaise with operations management and offshore construction management teams to plan and oversee execution of planned projects.
- Assist and review procedures and drawings for yard fabrication and material barge load-out and tie-downs.
- Sketch simple lifting and rigging arrangement drawings. (CAD Basics)
- Develop technical project documents.
- Identify opportunities and work with the business development team to pursue and secure work for the business.
- Will be involved in all phases of project coordination and execution of offshore projects.
- Accountable for assigned project objectives including, but not limited to safety, cost, schedule, scope, quality and the on-time delivery of assigned project and report progress, variances and contributes to efficiency increases withy continuous learning and sharing.
- Ensuring that the project is delivered in accordance with the agreed project scope and all project change orders are handled through our Management of Change (MOC) process.
- Conduct meetings with client to provide project status updates.
Administrative & Coordination
- Compile and generate weekly reports, including, but not limited to statistics, job cost accounting, timelines, tables, graphs, and correspondence.
- Compile, review, and analyzes data assigned by the Project Manager
- Work with Project Managers, Project Engineers and Field Personnel as required.
- Prepare a lessons learned at the end of each project and issue for internal review and discussion. Must show variances between planned and executed work with a path for implementation of efficiency increases.
- Must have letter writing capabilities for clear conveyance of communication.
Performance Criteria and Measurement
- Collaboration/Team Building
- Planning & Organization
- Time Management
- Policy and Decision-Making
- Job Knowledge
- Working Relationship with other team members
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal;
- Project experience in the oil & gas industry;
- Demonstrated leadership, analytical, and organizational skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office including Microsoft Project
- Self -motivated, possess interpersonal skills to maintain a good working and ethical relationships with vendors, customers, strategic industry partners, and the Morrison’s Business Unit Managers.
- Ability to operate under pressure, handle multiple assignments simultaneously, and meet deadlines independently.
- Must possess the ability to speak to groups of people and demonstrate negotiating skills.
- Ability to effectively work within Microsoft Office applications and learn Company specific applications.
Education and Training – Bachelor of Science degree in mechanical engineering or other relevant engineering discipline with 5 years’ experience or 10 years’ experience in this field.
Experience – a. A minimum of (3) three years of offshore experience. Offshore Field Engineer on a Pipelay vessel with less then (3) years would be considered.