HSEQ & Medical Advisor
The basic function of the position is to provide support to onsite leadership, Project Managers and HSEQ Managers in executing all duties related to HSE Management System, and some duties related to Quality Management System and medical response.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- The majority of these functions will be performed in the field on assigned worksites, with some office time maybe being required for execution of these functions. Worksites will include offshore and on onshore locations.
- Assist in implementing and advising on safety programs and management systems to improve personal and process safety while supporting a positive safety culture to deliver safe, reliable, and compliant operations.
- Strive to maintain an incident free environment and achieve HSE excellence through established processes and procedures.
- Supports the project by conducting inspections, audits, incident investigations, hazard hunts, and participating in pre-shift briefings.
- Advise, consult and coach the crewmembers regarding safe work procedures and practices.
- Leading by example.
- Assist with gathering, logging and submitting the project’s HSEQ key performance indicators.
- Excellent communication skills, analytical, problem solving, and decision making abilities.
- Knowledge and experience in OSHA 29CFR 1910, 1929, and 30CFR 250 as they relate to our industry.
- Some knowledge and medical experience.
- Some knowledge and experience in ISO 9001.
- Hazard Identification and detailed knowledge of HSE practices and procedure, emergency response and delivery of safety programs.
b) Preferred Education/Certifications
- HSE Degree and/or industry recognized professional HSEQ certifications
- Ability to obtain a TWIC Card
- Additional prior and current certifications including the below listed. If not current then must be willing to attend class to comply with all requirements.
- SafeGulf/SafeLand or Rig Pass including SEMS
- Rigger API
- Water Survival/HUET with Swing Rope
- Fall Protection User/Competent Person/Rescue
- Firewatch & Gas Detection
- First Aid/CPR/AED/BBP
- Confined Space Entrant/Attendant/Comp Person/Rescue
- LOTO Piping/Vessel Isolation
- Certified Emergency Medical Responder
- Trenching and Excavation
- 40 Hr Hazwoper
- NORM Awareness or NORM Surveyor
- Scaffolding User
- Hazmat Shipping