Friction Crane Operator – 4100 Manitowoc Crane
The basic function of the position is responsible for operating a 4100 Manitowoc Friction Crane to lift, move, position, and reposition loads. Depresses buttons, lifts levers, and ensures safe operations.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Crane operators are responsible for their lifts and shall ensure loads are safely attached to crane before lifting.
- Pushes and pulls levers and depresses pedals to raise, lower, rotate boom and to raise and lower load line.
- Raises, lowers and rotates boom or load by sight or according to signals from assigned signal person.
- Inspect crane for safety and mechanical issues on a daily basis.
- Determine if any parts are malfunctioning.
- Inspects and lubricates equipment.
- Inspect cables or grappling devices for wear and install or replace cables, as needed.
- Inspect crane mechanisms and lifting accessories to prevent malfunctions or damage.
- Performs start-up and function test.
- Checks all fluid levels on equipment.
- Ensure lifting devices are inspected and safe for use.
- Direct assigned rigging to personnel to properly apply rigging for safe operations.
- Determine load weights and check them against lifting capacities to prevent overload.
- Analyzing information and evaluating results to choose the best solutions and solve problems.
- 3 + years Crane Operator experience.
- Crane Operator cert preferred
- TWIC card preferred
- Land based at the Morrison Fabrication Yard in Harvey, LA.