CDL – Commercial Driver – Class A
The Commercial Driver (CDL) is responsible for transporting different types of equipment and supplies to and from various job sites or docks using a tractor trailer.
- Must be able to fully understand how to operate and safely drive your assigned vehicle.
- Drive trucks with a Gross Vehicle Weight (GVW) over 26,000 lbs.
- Pull a towed weight exceeding 10,000 lbs.
- Must be able to ensure the load being transported is properly bounded secure and loaded properly according to DOT guidelines.
- Confirm contents of each shipment load matches manifest document.
- Perform inspections of your vehicle prior to and following each trip.
- Maintain and service vehicle as needed (refuel, oil changes, tire pressure, repairs, etc.)
- Notify managers of any major maintenance or delivery issues encountered.
- Follow delivery schedule and rest at appropriate times.
- Maintain detailed driving and delivery logs.
- Adhere to company rules and regulations.
- Obey all applicable traffic laws and drive according to the weather/road conditions.
- Comply with all DOT regulations.
- Obtain a valid Class A Commercial Driver’s License with Hazmat endorsement.
- Clean driving record and solid work history (5+ years
- Must be able to pass Commercial Driver’s physical exam, DOT drug and alcohol and background check.
- Must to able to operator electric lift, hand trucks, pallet jacks, etc.
- Must be able to drive 1 ton trucks with 40′ gooseneck trailers.
- Prepared to stay away from home for weeks or months at a time.
- Proficient using GPS and other routing systems.