Life Support TECHNICIAN
The basic function of the position is to monitor the life support systems of the divers during diving conditions.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Conduct such operations as may be required or directed by the Dive Supervisor.
- Ensure all gasses to be used during the dive have been properly analyzed and have been receipted for and logged in before being placed online.
- Maintain adequate supply of the correct breathing mixture to the diver.
- Maintain correct supply over-pressure for depth and apparatus.
- Have stand-by banks ready.
- Follow the tables in use correctly and accurately.
- Switch breathing mixtures at the proper time and depth.
- Record gas consumption data as directed.
- Assist in the maintenance of all diving equipment.
- Assist in the training of Dive Tenders and new personnel.
- Report any potentially unsafe situations or conditions to the Dive Supervisor.
- Maintain certification in First Aid/CPR, and have a thorough working knowledge of emergency procedures and the diagnosis/treatment of decompression sickness.
Required: Association of Diving Contractors (ADC) accredited school, TWIC, Safegulf, Rigger, First Aid and CPR, Water Survival, Life Support Technician Certificate
Experience: 1+ years as an Life Support Technician.