DOT Railcar Loaders/Unloaders
This position will be responsible for the safe and efficient loading of railcars.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
– Ensures that railcar is positioned and secured properly at the loading rack and checks for last product contained.
– Visually inspects that railcar is positioned and secured properly at the loading rack and checks for last product contained.
– Wears all protective clothing and equipment, including respirator and fresh air equipment that may be required to transfer the product in a manner that ensures maximum personal safety.
– Connects loading equipment and transfers according to procedures using gauges and/or strapping tables.
– Checks weight before and after product transfer and ensures that outages or innages do not exceed Department of Transportation (DOT) certification for the particular vessel being loaded.
– Communicates with site leader / supervisor on any problems as they occur.
– Disconnects loading equipment, inspect for any leaks and complete required paperwork prior to releasing the railcar.
– Completes any other duties that may be assigned to complete the job.
– 12 hour shifts and/or 12 hour rotating shifts (days/nights/weekends/holidays)
– Valid TWIC Card and Driver’s License
– Experience is a plus but not required (on-the-job training available)