Always Within Reach
MORRISON builds pipeline transportation networks. The pipeline transportation systems that MORRISON constructs provide value to its customers and to the industry by providing the network for connecting producing wells and treating facilities to onshore or offshore terminals for separation, treating, storage, and off-take.
MORRISON clients are predominantly upstream oil and gas producers and pipeline transportation companies that move hydrocarbons and other associated products through a system of undersea and underground pipeline networks. Other clients include marine terminal operators, EPCIC subsea contractors, subsea engineering firms, and project management firms.
MORRISON’s pipeline technicians are highly skilled operators of offshore installation vessels with extensive experience constructing small diameter to large diameter pipeline systems and networks. Our experience spans from areas near shore, in shallow water, or between shore and a connection point in deeper water.
The North American energy market is dynamic and with the advent of new drilling and production technologies and techniques being utilized in the production rich unconventional shale areas of North America, the result is that crude oil production levels have risen beyond the US demand requirements resulting in plans for crude oil export from VLCC terminals located along the US Gulf Coast.
The MORRISON pipeline group is uniquely positioned to assist in constructing the pipeline networks required between the hydrocarbon storage terminals onshore and the offshore VLCC terminals through various contracting strategies:
- EPICIC Solutions for Offshore pipelines and VLCC terminals
- Subcontract Services:
- Specialty Pipe-lay Installation between onshore storage terminal and the offshore VLCC terminal
- HDD support and near shore pipeline support
- Pipeline Feedstock Installation and tie-in to Storage Terminals
- System Additions from deeper offshore facilities to the Shallow Water Environment
In addition to the export pipeline work, our Pipeline Services Division continues to perform routine IRM including abandonment and restoration of retired systems.
MORRISON works shoulder-to-shoulder with clients to understand the client’s existing and potential challenges and can then custom tailor a solution that will deliver the value the client expects and that can be executed in a manner consistent with MORRISON’S values of doing work in a safe manner, to a high level of quality, and executed in an efficient manner.
MORRISON pipeline IRM work includes:
- Facility Installation & Abandonment
- Pipeline Installation, Burial & Testing
- Pipeline Repair & Maintenance
- Pipeline Abandonment & Removal
- Subsea Well Plug & Abandonment support
- Pipeline Hot Taps & SSTI Installation
- Platform Inspections (Levels I, II, III, IV)
- Exposed Pipeline Burial
Some of the equipment used in these endeavors consist of MORRISON’s lay barges offshore and MORRISON’s land spreads inshore.
To learn more about our barges, visit our equipment page here